We are looking for a telecommunications engineer to join our electronic department. The role is based in our headquartes in Santa Oliva, close to Tarragona and Barcelona.
Your main tasks will be related to the development and validation of connectivity systems for vehicles based on cellular networks (2G/3G/LTE/5G).
You will be leading the following activities:
- Design, deployment and maintenance of state of the art cellular network infrastructure
- Definition of test cases, including network parameters, to evaluate connected vehicle functions.
- Define and execute Data Validation Plans with our customers
- Support on the implementation of telematics architecture and its integration with IT networks
- Testing connected vehicle functionalities both in IDIADA proving grounds and in open field test
- Testing eCall and ERA-GLONASS systems both at component and vehicle level
- Support IDIADA's strategy on connected and automated driving
- Chance to work in a dynamic and challenging environment where you will be able to reach your full potential.
- Constant learning and knowledge sharing with some of the most experienced engineers in the automotive industry.
- Career progression; Clear and structured career path.
- Shuttle bus from Barcelona and Tarragona and Internal car sharing app, to promote the sustainable transportation.
- We promote the training and constant learning and we offer paid specialized training and subsidized language courses.
- Subsidized canteen.
- Experience in cellular networks planning, operation and/or optimization will be an asset.
- Knowledge of network architectures of cellular technologies will be an asset.
- Knowledge of connectivity enabled vehicle functions and its verification/validation standards will be an asset.
- Degree in Electronics/Telecommunications.
- Fluent in English