At arvato, we measure our success through the successes of our customers. Our DNA is built upon Customer Obsession, Ownership and Continuous Improvement (Hustle). We achieve our goals by means of experience, state-of-the-art technologies, creativity, passion and a commitment to quality, innovation and having fun! Come and join our team today!
Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties. Installs and repairs electrical systems and electrical and electronic components of industrial and printing machinery and equipment by performing the following duties.
Overall Responsibilities :
- Performs preventative maintenance, diagnosing and repairs on machinery and bindery & print finishing equipment according to the preventive maintenance schedule or as required by the manufacturer.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation, listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble, and tests them for optimal operation.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts and examine form and texture of parts to detect imperfections
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments, repairs or replaces defective parts to resolve malfunctions and lubricates and cleans parts
- Sets up and operates drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts
- Initiates purchase order for parts and machines
- Troubleshoots and repairs electrical equipment, including equipment power supply and building electrical
- Connects machines and equipment to power supply
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, and motors, and positions sensing devices
- Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components
- Any additional tasks that may be assigned to ensure a safe, efficient, environmentally sound work environment
- Must have a valid CA Driver’s license
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak English
- Must have electrical and mechanical knowledge
- Must be well organized, self starter
- Ability to read electrical schematic diagrams
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bilingual English/Spanish ability a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an industrial setting in a mechanical maintenance/electrician position
- Experience in Print Industry Bindery Machinery Maintenance a Plus
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to perform assigned work in a standing posture
- Must have manual dexterity to perform work that is repetitive
Standard General Security Roles and Responsibilities
- Understand and adhere to policies, guidelines and procedures pertaining to the protection of Information Assets, integrity of customer transactions, proper and ethical utilization of access privileges and resources provided to perform the role. Fully comply with all provisions of the Company Code of Conduct, Use of Company Computer and Use of Communications Systems, and Telephone/Mobile Device Use Policy.
- Protect company assets, systems, proprietary and confidential information in accordance with arvato Confidentiality policy and Corporate Information Security Policies and Procedures. \
- Proactively report actual or suspected vulnerabilities, security incidents and breaches in the confidentiality, integrity or availability of Information assets as per the Company’s Incident Reporting Process.
- Process personal data, client data and employer business specific data in accordance of Personal Data Protection Act, in compliance with the CCA and in accordance with employer´s Work Procedure Rules, IT and Data Protection and other guidelines provided by employer;